Edmonton Elite Hockey League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Edmonton Elite Hockey League

EEHL Forums

You are not connected. Please login or register

NHL 14 Companion App on iOS

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1NHL 14 Companion App on iOS Empty NHL 14 Companion App on iOS Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:27 pm

SamuraiTokey

Hey guys,

Some of you might know this already, but there is a companion app that EA put out for NHL 14, which is available on iOS devices. In the app, you can view and post news, as well as make trades. However, it appears that trades made in the app are automatically accepted by the computer, instead of using the proper trade logic that is used in game. What this means is that if you attempted a deal in the game on the PS3 and the other team rejected it, you could go into the app, submit the same deal, and have it accepted.

If this is indeed the case, I think we should set a policy of not having any trades made using the companion app.

Thoughts?

https://eehl.canadian-forum.com

2NHL 14 Companion App on iOS Empty Re: NHL 14 Companion App on iOS Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:47 pm

Nikle

Nikle
Commissioner

heh, yeah, this is a bit scary.

Definitely worth testing out in close communication with Viran and if it's found to be an issue, then likely ban app trading. Hard to say too much without some testing having been done though.

Any possibility that there's an update out for it that may fix the issue?

3NHL 14 Companion App on iOS Empty Re: NHL 14 Companion App on iOS Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:06 pm

SamuraiTokey

Definitely have to do some testing, but I know I accidentally put a trade through that was accepted in the app, whereas the same trade last night was outright rejected.

No new update, as I downloaded the app fresh from the App Store today on my phone and this all happened.

https://eehl.canadian-forum.com

4NHL 14 Companion App on iOS Empty Re: NHL 14 Companion App on iOS Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:45 pm

viran45

viran45
League Founder

As of right now please do not use the app I will run a test next sim.

5NHL 14 Companion App on iOS Empty Re: NHL 14 Companion App on iOS Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:31 pm

Nikle

Nikle
Commissioner

Any update on this front?

6NHL 14 Companion App on iOS Empty Re: NHL 14 Companion App on iOS Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:48 pm

ACanSpidy

Are we still testing this or is it a no go

7NHL 14 Companion App on iOS Empty Re: NHL 14 Companion App on iOS Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:25 am

viran45

viran45
League Founder

dont use the app. I ran a test it still came through as a request but im pretty sure it would bypass the commissioner if the other team accepted

8NHL 14 Companion App on iOS Empty Re: NHL 14 Companion App on iOS Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:30 am

Nikle

Nikle
Commissioner

Okay, so officially and on the record, no trading via the companion app. Thanks for checking into that Viran.

9NHL 14 Companion App on iOS Empty Re: NHL 14 Companion App on iOS Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:32 am

ACanSpidy

K sounds good to me

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum