Edmonton Elite Hockey League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Edmonton Elite Hockey League

EEHL Forums

You are not connected. Please login or register

Scoring Strategies

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Scoring Strategies Empty Scoring Strategies Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:17 pm

Nikle

Nikle
Commissioner

I know this may be a closely guarded secret for some, especially as we likely end up playing each other in the playoffs, but what do you guys tend to use for scoring strategies? A lot of my style of play is built on winning draws, setting guys up on their shot sides vs natural sides and then working the forecheck like crazy to cause turnovers. I'd like to get better with using the skill stick and that's one of my goals for the new season as Tokunaga taught me that sticking with passing and trying to out physical the Canadiens ends up with my guys missing more games than I'd like  Evil or Very Mad 

2Scoring Strategies Empty Re: Scoring Strategies Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:10 pm

nworock

nworock

Step 1: Pass to Ovechkin
Step 2: Shoot with Ovechkin
Step 3: Repeat until goal is scored

3Scoring Strategies Empty Re: Scoring Strategies Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:16 pm

nworock

nworock

Seriously though I'm the same when it comes to the skill stick, I could use a ton of work on that. For me right now I tend to try to create turnovers in the neutral zone, spring guys on odd man rushes and come down the wings. If I've got a sniper I go for corner shots, if not I'll try to fire it into the goalies pads for rebounds.

4Scoring Strategies Empty Re: Scoring Strategies Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:33 pm

Nikle

Nikle
Commissioner

lol, given the stats I almost wonder if Ovi doesn't get stopped on purpose sometimes just to pump up his shot totals.

5Scoring Strategies Empty Re: Scoring Strategies Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:59 pm

viran45

viran45
League Founder

I just try to shoot from everywhere, obviously didnt work to well in the finals. I find if you can get a team running around in their zone it creates some good lanes for one timers. oh and having Toews along side Eberle helps. lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum