Edmonton Elite Hockey League

EEHL Forums

You are not connected. Please login or register

Flyers Interview

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Flyers Interview on Thu May 15, 2014 2:35 pm

Don McLean: Hello fans and welcome tonight as we have an exclusive interview with the coach and GM of the Philadelphia Flyers, Mike Sawaryn. Mike, big week for your team as you changed the look on the backend

RON CHERRY: YEAH YOU GOT RID OF JUSSI MARKANEN WHO BROUGHT THE OILERS TO GAME 7 BACK 20 YEARS AGO BUT ISN’T A GOOD CANADIAN BOY, CAREY PRICE IS A GOLD MEDAL WINNER, HE’S NO LONGER A FRENCHIE CANADIEN SO…

???: Yeah Carey Price of the Tri-City Americans, home of Stu Barnes and Steven Passmore, let me tell you about Stuart Barnes playing with the New Westminster Bruins. The Bruins won the Presidents Cup when they were in Estevan Saskatchewan in 1968. Of course we all know Estevan is the home of Blair Atcheynum.

Don: Well folks obviously joining us for this interview is a rather unexpected PJ McGuire, who I’m tempted to give a too many men penalty to for showing up unannounced! Since I used to be a referee

PJ: Speaking of referees, we all remember Mick McGeough’s call against the Oilers on the hand pass against the Dallas Stars, it’s too bad that wasn’t in that great 1997 series with Todd Marchant’s game winner. Of course Marchant is best known for playing for Clarkson University which isn’t owned by David Clarkson ha ha ha ha ha ha but no seriously it isn’t.

RON: THIS GUY TALKS TOO MUCH. ANYWAYS LIKE I WAS SAYING CAREY PRICE AND PK SUBBAN WILL BRING BACK THE LOW FIVE TO THE FLYERS AND IN THE…

PJ: Speaking of 5’s the most famous number 5 of all time is Tommy Albelin when he wore that for the Calgary Flames, but he’s known the world over for his time in Djurgårdens, home of the best coaching discussion of all time, it’s always up in the air if it’s Lasse Falk or Hardy Nilsson as the best coach of all time there, who will ever know?

Don: Well sadly we’re almost out of time today, but we would like to thank our guest Mike Sawaryn of the Flyers. Congrats on the 12 game winning streak and picking up Jake Gardiner and Carey Price

Mike: Thanks?

PJ: Before we go just a reminder about Jacob Gardiner, from the University of Wisconson-Madison, tough trade between the Leafs and the Ducks when Francois Beauchemin was traded for him, Beauchemin spent time with the Moncton Wildcats who of course also boasted Steve Bernier at one point. Michael Sawaryn, go have fun out there kid.

View user profile

2 Re: Flyers Interview on Thu May 15, 2014 4:46 pm

Nikle

Commissioner
LOL, awesome. Wish we had visuals of GM Sawaryn's reactions to that commentary.

View user profile

3 Re: Flyers Interview on Fri May 16, 2014 10:14 am

Awesome, awesome stuff!

When is he going to call players Monsters???

Razz 

---------------------------
GM of the Montreal Canadiens

View user profile http://eehl.canadian-forum.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum