Edmonton Elite Hockey League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Edmonton Elite Hockey League

EEHL Forums

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kassian and the Oilers

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Kassian and the Oilers Empty Kassian and the Oilers Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:18 am

Nikle

Nikle
Commissioner

So another chance to actually do something to Kassian for not just breaking Gagner's jaw, but then taunting him for it later (though they did nothing at that time either). Of course nothing was done about it last night other than a polite offer from Gazdic. Well, it gets brought up twice in the post game.

2:30 Gregor gets Ference pissed off asking why no one does anything to Kassian.

15:20 Spec gets Eakins pissed off on same topic.

I really wish that after Ference was done blaming the media for why they didn't do anything (even though Gregor cited two recent examples of it being done in a manner that didn't result in suspension), that Gregor had said something like, "Well, if somebody had stepped up when he did it or when he taunted him about it, we wouldn't be asking you about it now."

Still no fire back on this team and if anything, they're now building in excuses as to why they shouldn't have that aspect to them. What's the point in having Gazdic dressed then?

In other news, apparently two people ejected from the crowd for "Lowe Must Go" chants.

2Kassian and the Oilers Empty Re: Kassian and the Oilers Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:47 am

SamuraiTokey

Agreed. To Gazdic's credit, he tried to get something going, but I wonder if Eakins told him he only could if Kassian agreed. I do think Gazdic is willing to do the things he needs to, but I think he may have been handcuffed.

But yah, how the Hell do you, as a teammate, look Gagner in the eye after that. It isn't bad enough that the jaw got busted and the recovery was long and painful, but the taunting Kassian did last game? Shouldn't that have pissed off a teammate or two?

I don't know...is it that they are not a tough team, or that they just do not feel the need to stick up for each other? If it is the latter, well, there are going to be a lot more tough times ahead for this "team".

https://eehl.canadian-forum.com

3Kassian and the Oilers Empty Re: Kassian and the Oilers Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:07 am

Nikle

Nikle
Commissioner

Reminds me of how MacT (I believe) always had the leash on Laraque. Sad part is, it shouldn't take sending your goon out there to deal with him next game. As soon as Kassian started mocking Gagner, it should have been taken care of then and there.

That said, I think Ference's reaction to Gregor's question answers yours about how this team feels about sticking up for each other. Only if the other guy agrees and if it can be Gazdic. Otherwise, feel free to pummel our guys. I'm still laughing at him basically blaming the likely media reaction for why nothing was done.

4Kassian and the Oilers Empty Re: Kassian and the Oilers Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:47 pm

nworock

nworock

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/zack-kassian-escapes-edmonton-unscathed-eakins-very-careful-070956866--nhl.html

Read that today too.

I really can't stand this team much at all. Not just Lowe or Mac T, but a good portion of the players and definitely Eakins are just unlikeable. But yeah, the whole idea that they'll get revenge only if Gazdic finds someone who wants to fight him shows the total lack in any team mentality with this group.

You would think with Ference's flaws at least coming from Boston he might "get" the whole make it tough on the other team idea, but no, just blame the media and Kassian for not wanting to fight. Why would Kassian want to fight? He's already done damage and gotten into the teams heads if they're that defensive about it.

5Kassian and the Oilers Empty Re: Kassian and the Oilers Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:39 am

viran45

viran45
League Founder

I would have called up macintyre and eager. started a fourth line against kassian and let the guys just go at em.

If as a team the oilers are not going to do anything else this season just send a message to the league that pushing them around is not going to be easy.

Worries me that not one person stepped up.Not one. Dont know what else to think except this team does not care for eachother.

6Kassian and the Oilers Empty Re: Kassian and the Oilers Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:45 am

SamuraiTokey

7Kassian and the Oilers Empty Re: Kassian and the Oilers Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:34 am

Nikle

Nikle
Commissioner

Couldn't find a link to it, but here's the text from Lowe's letter to the fans back a few years ago.

Hi, this is Kevin Lowe.

After a very eventful week around the hockey club, I wanted to take a moment and communicate to you, our most valued customers, our continued commitment to success.

As I stated last week, our hockey club will always do what we feel is in the best interest of our fans, and in the best interest of building a Stanley Cup championship team here in Oil Country.

Right now, we have a core group of veteran players and a wealth of emerging young talent. Last week’s trade brought us two more young players in Robert Nilsson and Ryan O’Marra, and another first round draft choice in this year’s NHL draft. They will join players like Pouliot, Jacques, Stortini, Brodziak, and Schremp, just to name a few, as potential members of a championship Oilers club. Certainly, along the way, we will add to our roster through trades and free agency when the right opportunities are there, now that we have the resources to do so. Make no mistake; our plan is to return the Stanley Cup to Edmonton.

We have an exciting future ahead of us all, and we look forward to sharing it with you.

Thanks again for your ongoing support of Oilers Hockey.

Yep, because that one turned out really well  What a Face 

8Kassian and the Oilers Empty Re: Kassian and the Oilers Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:11 pm

SamuraiTokey

OMG, that is freaking hilarious!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum