Edmonton Elite Hockey League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Edmonton Elite Hockey League

EEHL Forums

You are not connected. Please login or register

Oilers Future

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Oilers Future Empty Oilers Future Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:47 am

Nikle

Nikle
Commissioner

Just having a discussion with Viran via email and it kind of shocked me that at this point I'm almost hoping for my favorite players on the team to get dealt. I'm happy for Dubnyk as he'll likely have a better team playing in front of him to help his stats, but just organizationally, I have to believe that he's gone to a better situation than the craziness going on here.

Before I had hoped that Hemsky would be an Oiler for his entire career, now I want him dealt to whatever team ends up winning the Cup so he can have that (can't see it happening here before he retires, and yes I realize that should be more than a few years away).

Even Yakupov. At this point we know that we're seeing MacT/Hemsky v2.0 with Eakins and Yak. Yes it eventually worked out for Hemsky to be a top end player with the team, but I'd much rather see Yak in Detroit or Pitt at this point.

This front office deserves a team full of Horcoff's, Belangers and Ference's. They want the veteran/old leaders/slow guys with jam. Is this the hockey equivalent to saying they have a nice personality?

I mean, since when does a team destined for a top 5 pick start pulling off depth/rental type moves during a season? Are we revolutionizing the way hockey is done or just wasting assets?

Nice to see it only took a day for our new goalie to get into a twitter flame war and tell the "fans" how disappointed he is in them. Can't blame him for being a bit miffed at the article written about his wife, but really, he's going to go online and fight that battle? If that gets to him that much already, what are the next 30 games going to do to him?

2Oilers Future Empty Re: Oilers Future Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:47 pm

viran45

viran45
League Founder

Im just shocked that we added Scrivens and Hendricks and it that did not fix our problems.

Seriously thought most of us can just see some of the problems, and all this management team does is recycle 4th liners and goalies and think thats the problem. Who cares about hendricks he is not going to make a big difference in the games. They make these little trades and make it look like they are trying when lets face it that was the easiest trades to make.

Yakupov will be traded he is singled out by Eakins when yak is not the only culpri. I hope Yak goes onto play on crosby's wing and scores 60.

3Oilers Future Empty Re: Oilers Future Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:49 pm

Nikle

Nikle
Commissioner

You know what, I've been battling with what to hope for from the Oilers for the rest of this season. Do we want them to finish strong and start to look like a real NHL team or continue to suck and hopefully make Katz do the right thing and fire everybody.

Then, this.

http://www.leafsconnected.com/index.php/topic/2871-kevin-lowe-must-go-billboard-in-edmonton/

Fuck you Lowe. Fuck you Katz. Fuck you Oilers. When Leafs fans are at the point that they're feeling bad for us, you know you've fallen as deep as you can go.

4Oilers Future Empty Re: Oilers Future Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:49 pm

Nikle

Nikle
Commissioner

Incidentally, apparently we have the swearing filters turned off  Twisted Evil 

5Oilers Future Empty Re: Oilers Future Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:24 am

Nikle

Nikle
Commissioner

Another jersey found it's way on to the ice after the game tonight. Apparently Eakins had it retrieved and took it with him as he left the ice.

6Oilers Future Empty Re: Oilers Future Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:18 pm

Nikle

Nikle
Commissioner

Oilers Future 835291957

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum