Edmonton Elite Hockey League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Edmonton Elite Hockey League

EEHL Forums

You are not connected. Please login or register

Season One High/Lowlights

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Season One High/Lowlights Empty Season One High/Lowlights Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:44 pm

Nikle

Nikle
Commissioner

Anything really surprise you in the first season? Any highlights or cool moments that stuck with you?

For myself, oddly enough, my biggest fascination with the first season wasn't even related to my own team, it was the Ovi watch and the disbelief when he crushed the quickest to 50 record, then didn't slow down. Pretty cool to see him break 100 even with quite a few games simmed while Mike was on holidays.

Probably the worst memory of the season was the first two games against Tokunaga in the playoffs. The complete and utter domination that was the Canadiens in those two games jarred me, especially at how easily he was able to control my team physically. Came back to win the series, but he caused me to change my approach to the game more than I ever have in the past.

Best moments were getting tick tack toe plays to work. I enjoy a nice deke for a goal or a designed face off play that works, but coming down with all 3 forwards in full flight and being able to pull off 3-4 passes without losing speed inside the opponent's blue line before putting it in the net always makes me smile. That's about the perfect play in my books and one that I never got to work in the playoffs, lol.

As a bonus, it's been a lot of fun just talking about lineups, strategies, trade ideas and the like with a bunch of you guys via email/in person. Sure beats talking about the Oilers  Mad 

2Season One High/Lowlights Empty Re: Season One High/Lowlights Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:47 pm

SamuraiTokey

Personally, I really started to get invested in my players. I wanted Tavares and Landeskog to top 50 goals. I also had a shot at 50 goals for Saad, but he got hurt and lost the last quarter of his season. With all of the injuries, I also discovered that I had a knack for scoring with a player who spent most of the first half of the season on the fourth line, so that gave me some excitement.

I was also happy that I was able to give my team an identity and a style of play that I can now build around in future player moves.

Worst moment...well...losing four straight in the playoffs surely was not a lot of fun...

https://eehl.canadian-forum.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum