Edmonton Elite Hockey League

EEHL Forums

You are not connected. Please login or register

Flyers GM Interview

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Flyers GM Interview on Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:52 pm

The following is a presentation of CCB sports

Don Mclean: Hello Canada and welcome to the CCB's offseason presentation of Hockey Night. With Bell owning everything hockey, this is pretty much all we've got left. Anyways, we welcome you on this offseason evening where Ronald and I have a very special guest.

Ronald S. Cherry: YES WE DO RON, WE'VE GOT THE GM THAT RUSKIE LOVING TEAM THE FLYERS!

Mclean: Somewhat right as usual, but yes, we've got the GM of the Flyers moving into his second season at the helm, Mike Sawaryn. Mike how are you tonight?

Mike Sawaryn: Doing great gentlemen, how are you tonight?

Mclean: Great thanks. First off, solid season for you guys making it to the Eastern final, but obviously a bit disappointing in the end. How would you describe this season?

Sawaryn: I think up and down would be pretty much it. Obviously we're proud of Ovi and what he did, that was simply amazing to watch. The regular season results were great, obviously nothing like the Red Wings did but we'll take a division title any day of the week. But yeah, injuries really caught up with us in the playoffs and although Bjugstad and Forsberg did admirably filling in on D, we could have used some actual defensemen back there at some point.

Cherry: I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU EXPECTED, I MEAN YOU GOT THAT RUSKIE CAPTAIN LETTING EVERYONE KNOW IT'S OK TO DIVE, SOME AMERICAN CENTRE WHO COULDN'T PLAY YOUR LAST GAME, AND THAT KARLSBAD WAS INJURED AND WHERE WHERE THE ONTARIANS??

Sawaryn: Well I think there's some questions that could be made about the makeup of our team, but overall I think a lot of it came down to bad luck and injuries at the worst times possible. We're planning on changing things a little here and there based on what our coach thinks will help with the system, but I don't think we're far off from being able to come out of the east.

Mclean: I think maybe part of what Ron tried to say but couldn't was, do you think your team might be too invested in skill and not have enough grit?

Sawaryn: Might be valid to an extent but I'll just say we've had a couple long nights evaluating a couple pieces of the roster and there might be a couple more to come.

Mclean: Ovechkin trade perhaps?

Sawaryn: (laughing) Not a chance

Mclean: Alright Mike, thanks for your time and we look forward to seeing what the Flyers have in store for next season

Sawaryn: (laughing) Thanks for having me

Cherry: ORR! THEY NEED BOBBY ORR! GOOD ONTARIAN BOY

View user profile

2 Re: Flyers GM Interview on Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:05 pm

Nikle

Commissioner
YOU TELL EM RONNIE!

View user profile

3 Re: Flyers GM Interview on Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:43 pm

viran45

League Founder
wow that was calm for cherry.